The strategy for older people has five key aims:
- Reflecting the United Nations principles for Older People to tackle discrimination against older people wherever it occurs, promote positive images of ageing and give older people a stronger voice in society.
- To promote and develop older people’s capacity to continue to work and learn for as long as they want, and to make an active contribution once they retire.
- To promote and improve the health and well being of older people through integrated planning and service delivery frameworks and more responsive diagnostic and support services.
- To promote the provision of high quality services and support, which enable older people to live as independently as possible in a suitable and safe environment and ensure, services are organised around and responsive to their needs.
- To implement the Strategy for Older People in Wales with support funding to ensure that it is a catalyst for change and innovation across all sectors, improves services for older people and provides the basis for effective planning for an ageing population.
If you have any queries, please contact Lesley Rees on 01267 224462 or e-mail email@example.com.
or checkout the Welsh Government Strategy for Older People 2013-2023